Patients & Caregivers
Being diagnosed with a complex disease can be overwhelming and confusing. At AcariaHealth, we care about what you are going through and we are here to help.
We place our focus on your needs. We bring a personal touch to delivering clinical support and answers that are specific to your health condition that help you understand the complexities of your disease.
We will help you get the medication that you need and we will teach you how and when to take your medication so you can realize your best possible health outcomes. Please note, we may dispense your medication through our central fill partner, CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy. Be sure to check out our Patient Resource Center for answers to common questions regarding our specialty pharmacy services and links to learn more about complex and chronic disease conditions.
Whether you are a patient or a caregiver, you can count on AcariaHealth to provide total specialty drug management. We are here to help you manage the disease and navigate the healthcare maze successfully.
Our services include:
- Clinical programs and support
- Coordination of nursing services
- Pharmacist availability 24/7
- Claims processing support and assistance with reimbursement issues
- Copay assistance program support to mitigate financial stressors
- Comprehensive patient education, including programs to help patients manage their medications and remain adherent
- Specialty Pharmacy product delivery to your home, workplace, or physician’s office
- Online patient portal to access information about your treatment and medications in real time
- Multilingual healthcare experts available
- Text alert service for prescription refill reminders and delivery status notifications
If you are new to our pharmacies, you may be wondering what to expect. The patient journey can look a little different for each patient, depending on your treatment. For example, if you receive treatment at your doctor's office, your refill process may be different than someone taking their medication at home. Below is a general description of our patient journey. You can call us to talk about your specific journey if you have questions, or for details that may be different than the example provided below.
Member Information Concerning Medication Disposal
AcariaHealth does not accept expired, damaged or unusable medications including transdermal patches from members who wish to dispose of their medications. However, if you are interested in the proper disposal methods for needles or syringes, please visit the Food and Drug Administration website for disposal information in your area. If you have questions concerning the destruction or disposal of expired, damaged or unusable medications, please visit the Food and Drug Administration website.
Generic Substitution Notice
AcariaHealth may fill your prescription with a generic drug of equal quality as the brand name drug on your prescription. This change helps make sure your medication is both clinically effective and cost effective. Please ask a pharmacist if you have questions or concerns.
For New Jersey Residents only:
Before your prescription is filled, you should be informed of:
- The cost of your medication
- Any approved generic drugs that are available to replace your medication
- Your cost savings if the generic drug is filled instead of the brand name
You can ask for the brand name drug prescribed by your doctor if you do not want the generic drug.